A Long Products Trader is responsible for the performance of their respective territory. Our goal is to be the Preferred Supplier in our product and size range for all of the markets we serve. We will obtain our goal by having the best “on-time” delivery and customer service group in the industry. This position will proactively work in conjunction with the Administration Team to keep the customer apprised of their orders and Mill Schedules.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in long products steel-related sales.
- Proficient at gathering market intelligence along with negotiating, closing and follow up sales orders.
- Excellent Customer Service and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to Multi-task in a face paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Proficient level of computer skills; MS Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Should be honest, ethical, dedicated and dependable.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate detailed timely information on the products and services provided by the company to our customers and suppliers in an informative manner.
- Demonstrate skill in all phases of the sales cycle including prospecting, acquiring, identifying and qualifying customers.
- Maintain calendar and preparing weekly sales and expense reports.
- Available to travel two-three weeks per month.
- Attain shipping goals with respect to Business Plan.
- Provide accurate and timely shipping forecasts.
- Continue to build new customer relationships and develop and enhance existing ones.
- Maintain professionalism and diplomacy.